WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Java developer who will be responsible for building Java applications under the wing of Hotovo. This includes anything that can be understood as complex services, from backend to frontend development. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, including coordination with the rest of the team and working on different layers of the infrastructure, such as QA. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and product quality are thus essential.
- You’ll be part of a team developing great software with industry leaders and innovators like Atlassian, Red Hat, Salesforce, Percolate and many others.
- You’ll work with ambitious and interesting startups, challenging your creativity and invention, all while using the latest technologies.
- You’ll have a chance to bring your own ideas to the table and influence how things are done – both in your projects and within the company as a whole.
- You’ll cooperate with colleagues from cities such as San Francisco, New York, Denver, Sydney, Buenos Aires, London and Munich, with an opportunity to visit these places.
- You’ll be part of a fun, innovative and welcoming team with whom you’ll enjoy sharing beers, great coffee, table tennis, foosball, game nights and more…
EMPLOYEE PERKS, BENEFITS
- Enjoy working with clients that have either the exciting start-up atmosphere, or long-term stability and a great reputation
- Get your HANDS ON the latest technologies
- Enjoy an informal “dorm like” working atmosphere
- Revel in the knowledge that the fruit of your work will be used by millions of users around the world
- Play around with agile methodologies, lots of unit tests, functional tests, code reviews, scrums, etc.
- Flexible working hours, for sure
- Great coffee and lots of fun activities (we even have a secret underground party room!)
- And of course a great salary corresponding to your skills and hairstyle
- Plus: a pet-friendly office
WHO YOU ARE
You are smart, talented, enthusiastic, reliable, have great hair, and are modest. Also…
YOUR KEY SKILLS
- A sense of humor 😉
- Strong analytical and solution design skills
- Good understanding of Java and JS technologies and related frameworks
- Understanding of web applications
- Professional experience in software development using Agile methodology
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, Microservices and JMS
- An experienced GIT, Bitbucket and Jira user
- Basic English as a minimum
- Usage and development of Web services, especially REST
- Development on serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Gateway, SNS, IoT…)
- Development of plugins for Atlassian JIRA (Atlassian plugin SDK)
ALSO APPRECIATED SKILLS
- Reliability and responsibility
- Team player
- Ability to communicate (present in front of the customer, within the team)
- Table football psycho/freak, Floorball player, Yoga guru, Blood donor, NERFfighter, Climber…
Please PUT TEXT “Java Developer” into the SUBJECT of your EMAIL when applying for this job. It’s a job code and it will help us to process your application faster. Apply with a CV and perhaps with some info about your motivation (in case it’s more than simply a desire for the best job in town 🙂).
Email contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE ARE
A rather non-conventional, quite progressive software development company, started in 2010, led by people with 15+ years experience in IT, that focuses on custom software development, integration, a long-term partnership form of outsourcing, and the development of start-ups. We cooperate with top-notch foreign companies, which allows us to attract the best talent in town… Want to grow in your career? You’ll really appreciate our structure 😉 We have no foreign investors or management. In other words, there is no one out there dictating what we can or can’t do 🙂
So, what do you think? Will you help us bring the best jobs to our town, and enjoy working on them with us? 😉