Thank God It’s Friday!
There was an engineer, manager and programmer driving down a steep mountain road. The brakes failed and the car careened down the road out of control. Half way down the driver managed to stop the car by running it against the embankment narrowing avoiding going over a cliff. They all got out, shaken by their narrow escape from death, but otherwise unharmed.
The manager said “To fix this problem we need to organize a committee, have meetings, and through a process of continuous improvement, develop a solution.”
The engineer said “No that would take too long, and besides that method never worked before. I have my trusty pen knife here and will take apart the brake system, isolate the problem and correct it.”
The programmer said “I think you’re both wrong! I think we should all push the car back up the hill and see if it happens again.”
Image of the week
Do you remember?
5 years ago
- Facebook announces its intentions of purchasing Instagram for 1 billion dollars in cash and stock in April 2012.
- Kinect Star Wars is released for Xbox 360
- Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS) is released
10 years ago
- Tumblr is launched
- The Lord of The Rings Online is released for Windows and OSX
- Intel releases the Core 2 Quad Processor Q6700 and Core 2 Duo Processor
20 years ago
- AMD releases their K6 processor with speeds of 166 MHz to 300 MHz and a 66 MHz bus speed.
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter is released for Windows
- Winamp is released